KICK-OFF: FREE BOYS TASTER CLASS!
Boys: Defy gravity. Take risks. Jump high. Move. Get up there. Make it your own.
2 hours of intense dance for boys aged 13-20.
Learn some skills, practice some moves, make your own dance.
Tutors: Steve Gow, Alison Plevey.
11am–1pm 25 February 2018
Gorman Arts Centre, Braddon
Book now: admin@QL2.org.au
Act fast: only five subsidised places available! We are seeking expressions of interest from primary teachers interested to participate in unique teacher development opportunity
What is on offer?
- 5 week, Make A Move shoulder to shoulder development program (see below)
- Includes free participation in TQI Accredited Seminars 1 & 2
- Cost: $250, heavily subsidised, supported by ACT Education Directorate
QL2 Dance is offering five teachers/schools in the ACT this opportunity.
To apply contact: email@example.com
5 week program includes:
- 5 weekly class visits, 1.5 hours each
- Planning session, 2 hours
- On the ground, tailored professional learning for teachers. Action learning with key artist and teacher in class. Students exposed to breadth of creative dance education
Includes Seminars (6 TQI accredited hours)
- Weekly evaluation sessions 0.5 hours
- Available Term 2, 2018
- 15 hours total
- $1090 per teacher — maximum 25 students
More information about Make a Move here.
“We have kicked off the creative adventures for Australian Dance Party in 2018 with a little bit of red carpet.
Leaning into the cross arts, fun, social elements of the Party, I have been lucky enough to lead the development of a quirky short dance work entitled In a flash. The work references the current exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery “Starstruck: Australian Movie Portraits”, and aims to expand the audience experience of the gallery and enable an important cross arts dialogue.
OPEN AUDITION! FREE AUDITION WORKSHOP!
The audition has come and gone. If you are very very keen, please contact Artistic Director Ruth Osborne — ruth@QL2.org.au — and we’ll see.
TWO ZERO is QL2 Dance’s major project for 2018 for our Quantum Leap ensemble (ages 14+) — which could mean you!. Are you a creative young person from in or around Canberra area? Then do the audition! The selected ensemble will create TWO ZERO with Artistic Director Ruth Osborne and other choreographers. Continue reading
Position Vacant: GENERAL MANAGER
Ongoing appointment. “Permanent”, full time. Commencing late February to March 2018. Closing date extended: now 30 January 2018.