QL2 Dance is looking for a part time Administrator to help with the day to day running of the QL2 office, classes and projects. This is an opportunity to work in a small creative team within an exciting non-profit arts organisation.
Necessary: Excellent communication, front office, reception and administration skills. You will need to hold a Working with vulnerable people card.
Preferable: Passion for the arts.
Position & hours
Administrator, Permanent Part Time. 30 hours a week (Negotiable)
Days and hours are variable and negotiable within operational requirements, generally within 11am-7pm on 4 weekdays, with some weekend and night time work required. Core times for reception include 4.00pm-6.30pm Monday–Thursday.
$38,000–$48,000 per annum pro rata. (Based on a 38hour work week) Plus super.
Role & responsibilities
The Administrator reports directly to the General Manager and Artistic Director. You will:
- Act as first point of contact and be the face of QL2 to participants and their families.
- Run the front office.
- Handle relationships with other artists, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Act as PA to the Artistic Director and the General Manager.
- Manage and develop office systems.
- Act as an event and program administrator.
- Office management.
- Cash handling.
- Event and program administration.
- Participant & customer liaison.
- Supplier liaison.
- Contact management.
- Event front-of-house operation.
- Proof reading.
- Record keeping.
- Basic bookkeeping data entry (MYOB, Mac).
- Other office and theatre tasks as required.
- Some cleaning is required.
- Be experienced in arts administration or similar
- Take on tasks and responsibilities
- Work well with minimal supervision
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Want to improve systems to make QL2 better
- Communicate well with young people, parents, and adult artists
- Communicate well with suppliers
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to prioritise tasks in a busy environment
- Be experienced in use of office software, preferably on Mac
Please respond to the position description above, provide a CV, and nominate two referees we can contact. You can supply written references if you believe them to be relevant.
Please submit your application by email to manager@QL2.org.au, by Sunday, 16 September 2018.