Not sure what to pack into your dance lunchbox? Look no further, Health Promotions Officer, Jamie Winbank, has done all the hard work for you (including making and eating, ok mostly eating) and found some of the best Go for 2 and 5® recipes for you to include in your lunchbox for when rehearsals begin.
25 minutes preparation + 30 minutes cooking
What you’ll need:
- 500g pumpkin or sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches English spinach or young silver beet, washed and sliced
- 500g reduced-fat ricotta
- 6 spring onions, sliced ½ cup chopped parsley
- 12 sheets instant lasagne, softened in hot water
- 425g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- Pinch pepper and ground nutmeg to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
What to do:
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Steam the pumpkin for 3 minutes, then cool. Plunge spinach into boiling water until wilted and drain well to remove excess liquid. In a large bowl combine drained spinach ricotta, onion and parsley. Arrange 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (33cm x 23cm). Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach ricotta mixture. Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
To make topping, break eggs into flour and mix well to remove lumps. Whisk in milk, pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking until smooth and thickened. Add pepper, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving suggestion : Cut into squares and serve with a green salad.
Recipes used with permission from ACT Health and Go for 2 and 5®.