One more idea to pack into your lunchbox for rehearsals. Health Promotions Officer and spaghetti lover, Jamie Winbank, has done all the hard work for you (including testing all the recipes) and found some of the best Go for 2 and 5® recipes for you to include in your lunchbox for when rehearsals begin. See all the recipes here.
10 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking
What you’ll need:
- 500g spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small celery, thinly sliced
- ½ capsicum, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small dice
- 570g tomato based pasta sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to do:
Cook pasta according to packet directions and drain. Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and cook until soft. Add other vegetables, stirring until well mixed. Lower heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add pasta sauce to vegetables and heat through. Remove from heat and serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Variation : Substitute other vegetables for those listed – use those you have in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipes used with permission from ACT Health and Go for 2 and 5®.